When I lent my services to a collegue who was working on a film about 12 years ago, I was introduced to the world of cnc. I remember watching this huge machining centre milling out a slab of mdf and turning it into a fantastic set of gears. I knew that it would have taken me hours to achieve the same thing with traditional power tools. I decided then that I would invest in a cnc router for my own business Oxenham Design. At that time I could turn on a computer, but even to check email seemed like a crazy set of operations. I persevered and learned every piece of relevant software I could get my hands on. I am now fortunate enough to be using Vectric's ASPIRE software, and Techno cnc routers, which has helped us to create some amazing projects, both in part, or in full. I thought that this blog would be a great place to share "behind the scenes" adventures with the software, materials and equipment we use, as well as the projects we build.

Friday 24 July 2015

Emily Trudeau Splash Pad!

http://www.qnetnews.ca/?p=46210

Recently we were contacted to create a sign for the Town of  Tweed, more importantly, a sign for a new splash pad in the Town of Tweed. This new splash pad is being created in honor of  a little girl named Emily Trudeau, who is no longer with us all. I won't go into to much detail here, but you can certainly click her image above, and the link will take you to the article about the new project.

We were given a list of everything that could hopefully be incorporated into the sign, so it was a hard task deciding what works, what doesn't work, and what things to finally settle on. Sometimes, a blank canvass can be overwhelming!! We were also supplied a preferable color palette as well.

In the end, I decided on a few items, that seemed to all work together well, without the sign becoming a collection of "stuff". I didn't want anyone quickly seeing the sign, and have to try and figure out what it was.
Soccer was a big part of her life, she loved splash pads, butterflies, and carnations as well. And I really wanted the final piece to be fun! Something that if I saw it, would make me smile, and a smile is a pretty big gift to be able to give someone!

Hmmmmm.......... Now I gotta figure out how to build this thing ;)
8)
JWO





No comments:

Post a Comment